Saturday, February 24, 2018

Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat

My friend, Dawn, just celebrated a birthday with a mad hatter tea party thrown by her daughter, Angie. The invitation said to wear your maddest hat. I've been so excited to share my hat with you, but it was a surprise party so I've had to keep it under warps until now.

I started with this felt top hat from my local party store.
 I first added a large faux succulent and secured it with hot glue...
 I added a rubber clock sticker from Tim Holtz to the front of the hat. It didn't stick well to the hat so I added a little tacky glue to hold it in place. The tacky glue dries clear so it didn't show once it dried.

 I continued adding smaller succulents to the brim of the hat...
 I added a little hot glue and tucked moss in between the succulents...
 I added little mushrooms to the moss...

 Cute, but let's keep going!
 I was wearing my hat to a tea party, so why not add a tea pot?
I found this one at Michael's...
 I painted over the pink with red...
 Then I glued it to the top of the hat with both hot glue and E6000. The E6000 will make it the most secure but takes awhile to set up. The hot glue will make it hold quickly and allow the E6000 time to dry.
 I covered the top of the hat with moss...
 then added more mushrooms...

 The party was so much fun and I won the prize for the best hat!

Now, can someone else please have a Mad Hatter Tea Party so I can wear my hat again?!!!


Linking To:
Coastal CharmGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun RamblingsMade In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk InteriorsDIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsOur Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and creative idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that's not the cutest! LOVE it--pinned to our Vintage Charm Features & Favorites, board ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so much fun. I am pinning for future reference. https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's beautiful! No wonder you won!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful hat; when I first saw it, I thought it was a centerpiece for St. Patrick's Day. By adding a tiny leprachaun and some shamrocks, you can switch it up! 30+ years ago, we had a week long Alice in Wonderland series of parties on the geriatric psych wards where I worked. It was such fun! Our hat contest included lots of categories including biggest and smallest; one staff member brought in a HUGE sombrero and I brot in a dollhouse hat so our patients could each win a prize!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not surprised that your hat won. It is very clever! You'll need to plan a Mad Tea Party of your own, perhaps start a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative and talented! I love it! Not a surprise you won best for best hat! Sounds like a fun party:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular! I love everything about this and featuring when my party opens up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! No wonder you won the prize Virginia, it's abSoooooooLutely stunning. Love the way you think. Pinned to my Mad Hatter board. In fact, I think I'll make it the cover image too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so interesting! I am amazed to see such an artistic post. I saw something like this in a fest last year. The venue NYC was beautifully decorated and there were amazing stalls where people show cased their artwork. This post is simply outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...