Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Candy Corn Rocking A Tray!

Who else thinks candy corn rocks?!!!
It's especially delicious if you mix it with peanuts. The perfect ratio is one candy corn with 2 peanuts. It tastes just like a Payday candy bar! Try it if you haven't...you'll be surprised at how good it is. 

Enough about eating! Let's get to the project...

I've had this tray in my garage forever. Well, probably not forever, but at least a year. I used it in a demonstration at a milk paint class I was teaching.

I've gone back and forth with what to do with it. It's large enough that I thought I might use it as a table top.
But, then I was inspired by the cute CANDY CORN ROCKS charm that I added to this cuff bracelet...

So, I painted the tray black and then used chalk to sketch a piece of candy corn...

I painted the piece of candy corn with white acrylic paint to work as a primer over the black...

Then I painted each section with the colors of candy corn. I added a little black at the edges so it wouldn't look so flat...


I painted the words, candy corn rocks, with white, then yellow, and then orange...

I painted black stripes over the letters...

Once the paint was dry, I used a damp rag to wipe away the chalk, then I sealed the tray with tung oil.

And, yes! Candy Corn Rocks!!!

Do you mix candy corn with anything? 
If so, please share your concoction!

Pin It



Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, BowdabraTatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-ManiacDIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated HouseLines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Lamb Around Domestically SpeakingThe Kurtz Corner,     C.R.A.F.T.,  Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls


Photobucket/

7 comments:

  1. Hi Artsy VaVa! What a great tray! You are so creative! I wished I could just free-hand things but unfortunately I need stencils! Thanks for showing us how to do this tray! You make it look easy! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! I also love your painted pumpkin chair :)
    xx
    New Hometalk follower -Mila:)

    milaslittlethings.com
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fun project for fall. I DO think candy corn rocks! Thanks for sharing it with us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this tray! I pinned it to my Candy Corn Board! I'd love for you to share this cool tray at this week's Submarine Sunday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! My name is Katie and I host Fall Into the Holidays, now open. All entries get pinned. I would love to have you link up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great upcycle for the tray - delightful and delicious. Honey candy corn - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen quite a few cork key chains on the web and decided I would make some. After all, I have NO shortage of corks. Most of th...Web Design Company In Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...