Thursday, July 31, 2014

4 DIY Cable Spool Projects


I have said before that I have friends who often give me stuff. And, a couple of weeks ago my friend, Kelli, gave me a bunch of cable spool ends. Kelli and her husband own a pallet company. Having a friend with a pallet company is liking winning the lottery for a DIYer!!! My son filled up the truck yesterday with pallets... I'll share what he's making soon.


Back to the cable spool ends...

Here are the projects created so far...
For the first project I painted a clock face on a spool.


Next, I had my son screw a galvanized bucket to a spool that I had stained. It makes a great coffee table for the porch. It can be flipped over and used as a beverage tub during parties.

My son, John, used different color stains for each section of one of the spools, then added a design to one section using an artists paper that had a skeleton graphic. It's creepy but cool! Then he added legs with casters that he got at IKEA...


For the final completed project, I painted stars and stripes on a spool then added red metal legs from IKEA...




Any suggestions?

Pin It 



Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, BowdabraTatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-ManiacDIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated HouseLines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Lamb Around Domestically SpeakingThe Kurtz Corner,     C.R.A.F.T.,  Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls


Photobucket/

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love them all! I think I like the stars and stripes one the best! I have several spools just waiting for me to do something with them. Thank you for the inspiration lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, these are all so awesome!! Think I like the galv tub the best, but ANY one of them would do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great up cycles! Like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic ideas, now to find some spools. How smart you and son John are. Looks like he's taking after Mom. Don't you love it when that happens. Love all your great ideas for spools and then some. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. The galvanized bucket table is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing on Sunday FUNday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I have had 2 spools forever and they are still sitting untouched, although we do use them as coffee tables by the fire pit. Love the bucket idea as it will sit on uneven ground outside. I could get four tables if I did this! The other ideas are great too! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen quite a few cork key chains on the web and decided I would make some. After all, I have NO shortage of corks. Most of th...Web Design Company In Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...