Monday, June 30, 2014

Anique Chest Of Drawers Makeover With Milk Paint


I know a sweet lady named Brenda who recently lost her mother. When Brenda was preparing for an estate sale of her mother's belongings, she let me come look at what she had before the sale. I bought a lot of items from her including this antique chest of drawers that dates back to the late 1800's.



It was a beautiful and solid piece of furniture, but it had a few issues. The veneer was missing from the top and on a section of one of the doors...


I knew I wanted to paint her, and my paint of choice lately is milk paint. I chose Light Cream from The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company. I love milk paint because it does the distressing for you. I gave her 3 coats of paint and sat back and waited for the magic to happen...

Once the paint started to chip, I used a hotel room key card to gently scrape away the loose paint...



Once I finished this beauty, someone else fell in love with her and she sold in one day!

I'm sure that Brenda will be happy to know that her mother's chest of drawers is now being loved by a new family.





Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, BowdabraTatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-ManiacDIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated HouseLines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Lamb Around Domestically SpeakingThe Kurtz Corner,     C.R.A.F.T.,  Finding Fabulous, The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Thrifty Home, Or So She Says, Diana Rambles, Adorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter Buster, Crafty Texas Girls, Twelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls


Photobucket/

21 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I need to try some milk paint. I have a chest that has been in my family for nearly 200 years. It appears to have a very dirty, very blackened painted surface. I think it would be a great candidate for milk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooooooooooove! The color, the crackle - everything is perfect!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out gorgeous !!!
    Beautiful job - I finally got some milk paint - just need the perfect piece to do it on - looks like you found it ::)
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! Such a charming look. I'm looking forward to trying milk paint! :)

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your piece and all its chippy goodness-I can see why it sold so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that painting process sure sounds very easy
    it looked wonderful painted , I like painted furniture any way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-shabby chic beauty!
    xx
    Mila
    milawayable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Beautiful Transformation! And Thanks for the tips on painting with Milk Paint... I have some Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint and plan some Makeover Projects.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely piece. It turned out great.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why it sold so quickly! A fabulous piece with a beautiful finish.
    Lucky buyer!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just like magic! I love this piece and the milk paint was a wonderful choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day? Congrats on the fast sale!!! I see why it sold so fast...you did one wonderful makeover on it. Thanks so much for sharing at my Show and Share Party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't get enough of the milk paint look. So nice and chippy!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was the perfect piece for milk paint - it turned out beautiful! Glad it went to a good home so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I must try milk paint if it really does that wonderful distressing! It looks so natural, like years and years took it's toll on your poor dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! My dil has used milk paint on a few pieces and I love how they turned out! thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous piece! Visiting from Pieced Pastimes today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Your awesome project is being featured today at Your Designs This Time!
    Emily & Erin

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks amazing! Pinned. We love having you be a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. Please make it a habit. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have seen quite a few cork key chains on the web and decided I would make some. After all, I have NO shortage of corks. Most of th...Web Design Company In Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...