Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Old Door...NOT

I rent space in 2 different stores where I sell things I make, vintage & antique items, and art. One of the stores had an unsightly door. It's the bathroom door and it's right in the middle of the store!
It is a hollow door that had been primed but never painted. It was dirty and the trim around it wasn't in much better shape.

 The above pictures don't exactly tell the true story of how ugly the door was.
I talked to the landlord and he agreed to let me paint the door however I chose.
 I wanted the door to look old with chipping paint.
Here's what I came up with...
 I measured the center panels and used a yard stick to draw 4 inch wide faux boards.

I also painted the trim around the door to match.
I used acrylic paint from the craft store so it only cost about $4 to transform the door. So, it's a lot of bang for the buck!

Pin It


Linking To: 
Savvy Southern Style, Boogieboard Cottage,Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just A Housewife, Coastal Charm,To Sew With Love, Under The Table & Dreaming,Cherished Treasures,The Graphics Fairy,Polly Want A Crafter,Funky Junk Interiors,Addicted 2 Decorating,Domestically Speaking,Tales of a Trophy Wife,DIY Showoff, Skip To My Lou,Mommy By Day... Crafter By Night,Miss Mustard Seed,All Things Heart and Home,The Shabby Nest,Someday Crafts,Sew Much Ado,Lil' Luna,Sugar and Dots,House of Hepworths,Yesterday on Tuesday,Thrifty Decorating,Remodelaholic,Fingerprints on the Fridge,Lovely Crafty Home,Ladybird LN Craft Envy,Dittle Dattle,Craft-O-Maniac,Keeping It Simple,Mad In Crafts,Making The World Cuter,Sisters of the Wild West,Sarahndipities,Today's Creative Blog,Tip Junkie,Sassy Sites,The Thrifty Home,seven thirty three,Sisters Stuff,Fabric Bows and More,Sew Woodsy,Tea Rose Home,Ginger Snap Crafts,The Shabby Creek Cottage,What Allie's Making Now,Thrifty 101,Momnivore's Dilemma,It's Sew Stinkin Cute,Beyond The Picket Fence,Finding Fabulous,Trendy Treehouse,A Little Knick Knack,Chic on a Shoestring Decorating,Simply Sweet Home, Creation Corner,Truly Lovely with the Laney Sisters,Mommaskindacrafty,Simply Designing,Joyful Stamper,Tatertots and Jello,Along For The Ride,Young and Crafty,While He Was Napping,A Vision To Remember,Stay At Home Nation,LambAround,Nifty Thrifty Things,Petite Hermine,A Bowl Full Of Lemons,The Foley Fam,Type A,Reasons To Skip The Housework,DIY Club Inc,Primitive and Proper,Creations by Kara,Elle Belle CreativeTales from Bloggeritaville,Delightful Order,Gluesticks,Somewhat Simple,Frugalicious Me,All Things Fee,Cherished Bliss,Homework,Me and My Boys,Homemaker on a Dime,Primp,Craft Junkie Too,Home Savvy,Lines Across My Face,Bear Rabbit Bear,The Kurtz Corner,Chef In Training,The Sasse Life,Project Queen,Crafty Scrappy Happy,Raising 4 Princesses,DIY Home Sweet Home,Passionately Artistic,Redoux,Pocket Full Of Pink,Kammy's Korner,I Can't Stop Crafting,Sassafras Salvation,The Artsy Girl Connection,The Shady Porch,Rae Gun Ramblings,Six Sisters Stuff,Sew Crafty Tuesday,Adventures In Dinner,Knick Of Time,Five Days 5 Ways,Some Good Stuff,Seven Alive,Ivy and Elephants,Creating Home,Alderberry Hill,
The Cottage MarketFine Craft Guild, I should be mopping the floor, CRAFT.,  Happy Hour Projects, Natural Mothers Network, Cowgirl Up, It's A Cinch Live Laugh Rowe, Country Momma Cooks, Goings On In Texas,

32 comments:

  1. This looks really great faux work. I am an artist too, not sure I could do a job as well as this, I paint large canvases of flowers. I saw your link at Savvy Southern Style and glad I hopped over, I have just added myself as a linky and google follower. Hope you get a chance to look at my blog, if you do I have a page at the top with my paintings on....just about to explore your blog a little more.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a huge improvement over the old version! You did a fantastic job with the faux paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This door looks so neat. I am tempted to try something like this in my own house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to take the initiative! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I am loving your door ! I scrolled on down and saw lots of fun projects!! It's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great! Almost like it should be in Europe, Tuscany or somewhere like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks very cool - great solution! I would love for you to stop by my blog and link up to my Creative Inspirations party happening now! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I can't believe you did that for $4 - amazing. It really turned out authentic-looking. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks fantastic, you have talent. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out INCREDIBLE! Found you through Crafty, Scrappy... New follower :)

    Hugs,
    Kelly
    www.livelaughrowe.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great transformation! Glad to have you at Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That turned out so great! I never would have guessed you used paint to draw in the boards. It's a WONDERFUL difference from the primed door. ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great! Very creative! Well done!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....You have inspired me I used to faux paint all the time for other people...our new house has the same kind of doors....Pinning you for reference....have a great weekend and I'd love to have you come and share this project @CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet party starts tonight @6 central time:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the visit today and thenks for coming back!!! I think the door looks awesome~

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cool! I'd love for you to link this up in Mommy Solutions! So fun! http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/03/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-37/

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  17. How NEAT. You did a great job making the door look like an oldie. Im your newest follower. Please come visit me at http://www.PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and hopefully you'll follow back. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is AMAZING!!!! i'm so glad you linked up :)
    {love} lauryn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy fantastic!!!! What an awesome job you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like this idea~
    I have a metal panel behind my wood stove that is just plain ugly..it is currently painted a faux wood grain...looks like laminated cheap book shelf paper... I wonder if I were able to find heat sensitive paint if I could paint something faux on there that would look way prettier-- like your door!

    thanks for showing this...it is impressive.
    via- FJI-SNS
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely stunning!! I would love for you to share this with my link party: Unveil Your Genius.
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/03/unveil-your-genius-link-party-3-geniuss.html

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that is awesome you painted it! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE IT!! OMG, you did an amazing job! Came by from live laugh linky!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I featured your project in my Unveil Your Genius Link Party. Feel free to grab my Feature Button! I hope you'll link up again soon! Brand new linky is now live!
    http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/p/unveil-your-genius.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. amazing transformation! love it!!
    I'll be featuring you this week @ Inspire Me Fridays! Thanks so much for linking up...you're always an inspiration!!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So amazing, I had to feature it as well! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this idea, you've shown us all that we don't have to live with an eye sore, but can adapt it to make it a centrepiece instead! Thank you so much for sharing this with us on Natural Mothers Network's Seasonal Celebration and best wishes for a very Happy Easter!
    Warmly, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful job! Now, how about you come right on over to my house and do all of my doors? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your door! I'll be featuring it tomorrow night at Project Queen's Highlight Party. Thank you so much for linking it up to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just wanted to let you know I featured you today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and grab a button!

    Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
    www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...