Friday, January 13, 2012

Goodwill Mirror Makeover

I recently bought this mirror at the Goodwill for $2.92...
I have seen a lot of mirrors similar to this, but the frame is usually plastic so I pass them by. This one, however, was resin. And, it is very heavy even though it is a small mirror.

I used my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to give the mirror a little makeover...
Besides not having to sand or prime, one of my favorite things about chalk paint is that you can distress a piece by simply using a damp rag to remove the paint. That way you don't remove the color underneath like so often happens using sandpaper to distress.


Ah, much better! Now, I have a large mirror to tackle. I'll share that one soon!
Pin It

Linking To: 
Savvy Southern Style, Boogieboard Cottage,Sugar Bee Crafts, Not Just A Housewife, Coastal Charm,To Sew With Love, Under The Table & Dreaming,Cherished Treasures,The Graphics Fairy,Polly Want A Crafter,Funky Junk Interiors,Addicted 2 Decorating,Domestically Speaking,Tales of a Trophy Wife,DIY Showoff, Skip To My Lou,Mommy By Day... Crafter By Night,Miss Mustard Seed,All Things Heart and Home,The Shabby Nest,Someday Crafts,Sew Much Ado,Lil' Luna,Sugar and Dots,House of Hepworths,Yesterday on Tuesday,Thrifty Decorating,Remodelaholic,Fingerprints on the Fridge,Lovely Crafty Home,Ladybird LN Craft Envy,Dittle Dattle,Craft-O-Maniac,Keeping It Simple,Mad In Crafts,Making The World Cuter,Sisters of the Wild West,Sarahndipities,Today's Creative Blog,Tip Junkie,Sassy Sites,The Thrifty Home,seven thirty three,Sisters Stuff,Fabric Bows and More,Sew Woodsy,Tea Rose Home,Ginger Snap Crafts,The Shabby Creek Cottage,What Allie's Making Now,Thrifty 101,Momnivore's Dilemma,It's Sew Stinkin Cute,Beyond The Picket Fence,Finding Fabulous,Trendy Treehouse,A Little Knick Knack,Chic on a Shoestring Decorating,Simply Sweet Home, Creation Corner,Truly Lovely with the Laney Sisters,Mommaskindacrafty,Simply Designing,Joyful Stamper,Tatertots and Jello,Along For The Ride,Young and Crafty,While He Was Napping,A Vision To Remember,Stay At Home Nation,LambAround,Nifty Thrifty Things,Petite Hermine,A Bowl Full Of Lemons,The Foley Fam,Type A,Reasons To Skip The Housework,DIY Club Inc,Primitive and Proper,Creations by Kara,Elle Belle CreativeTales from Bloggeritaville,Delightful Order,Gluesticks,Somewhat Simple,Frugalicious Me,All Things Fee,Cherished Bliss,Homework,Me and My Boys,Homemaker on a Dime,Primp,Craft Junkie Too,Home Savvy,Lines Across My Face,Bear Rabbit Bear,The Kurtz Corner,Chef In Training,The Sasse Life,Project Queen,Crafty Scrappy Happy,Raising 4 Princesses,DIY Home Sweet Home,Passionately Artistic,Redoux,Pocket Full Of Pink,Kammy's Korner,I Can't Stop Crafting,Sassafras Salvation,The Artsy Girl Connection,The Shady Porch,Rae Gun Ramblings,Six Sisters Stuff,Sew Crafty Tuesday,Adventures In Dinner,Knick Of Time,Five Days 5 Ways,Some Good Stuff,Seven Alive,Ivy and Elephants,Creating Home,Alderberry Hill,


14 comments:

  1. This mirror makes me wish I had more wall space...Love it with the chalk paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic you did such a great job. Love the wall quotes in the last post too. Have a nice weekend ! Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it...looks just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This turned out fabulous! Goodwill makeovers is one of my favorite things to do. Your project is very inspirational! TFS!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous redo!! Would you be willing to sell this mirror? Would look great in my friend's victorian home. if so,let me know a price :)patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I've really got to try some chalk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love what you did with this mirror. I would FOR SURE want this in my house!
    theandrewsupdate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so pretty! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! What a great find! The makeover looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you were able to achieve with just a little paint. It is indeed quite gorgeous. I have a few like this and can now see them with fresh eyes. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Patti
    p.s. We have a link party going and you are welcome to share there if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Mirror and you did an outstanding job transforming it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a fantastic job updating that mirror. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...