Monday, December 12, 2011

Easy Christmas Art

Back in the mid 1960's, my parents took me to the Miracle Strip Amusement Park in Panama City Beach, Florida where they had an artist create a pencil sketch of me. You know, those people you sit down for and 10 minutes later you walk away with a portrait? Well, that sketch hung in my mother's dining room until she passed away and then it came to live with me. The thing I have always loved about the picture is the frame! It's gorgeous! I have the picture sitting on top of a cabinet in my bathroom...

Recently I was in an antique store and saw the same frame and I had to have it! There was no picture in it, but hand written on the back was a person's name and the date...1961 (the year I was born). 

I decided it would be the perfect frame for a Christmas picture I wanted to create.
I printed out an image of deer that I got from the Graphics Fairy website. I printed the image on printer fabric.
I cut burlap to fit inside the frame and attached the printer fabric with the deer image to the burlap using no sew glue. Then I glued ric rac around the edges of the printer fabric and put it in my beautiful frame.
Voila! Easy Art!!!



 

5 comments:

  1. aw how nice to have a sketch of yourself as a little girl ! and you have done a great job on the deer photo...lovely ...Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I love the sketch of you and the picture you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job. The sketch of you as a little girl is darling. The new deer photo is great too. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm your newest follower and I hope you can pop over to Cottage and Creek and follow back. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so beautiful.
    I wish I had a printer and new how to use it.
    What you made is far prettier art than I ever see in stores..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice new art you made in those frames and nice story about your original portrait on the boardwalk. :D

    Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at GraphicsFairy!
    Smiles, Suzanne at WhyCuzICan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...