Monday, December 26, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Well, Santa has come and gone and I am just now getting around to posting some pictures of my Christmas decor! Oh well, better late than never.

I have a large vintage looking Santa that stands on my mantel...
I also have a vintage looking garland that I add to the mantel along with real vintage toys...




I have built ins on each side of the fireplace.
On this side I used old Coca Cola crates, an old lantern & license plate. I also added this cute hatbox. It's not old...just made to look that way.
On this same built in, I used my mother's old tea pitcher, a silver tray with a vinyl "B" and some candles. These items usually sit on my mantel.
On the other built in, I put another hatbox. This one really is old! It's an old Stetson Cowboy hat box. I filled it with some branches cut from my tree.

On the other side of this built in, I kept it simple by just adding a deer embroidery hoop that I made to what was already there. The wooden pieces are old cigar frames. I saw the embroidery hoop tutorial at the Blue Robin Cottage. 
My favorite thing that I decorate with every year is this...
It is the stocking that my mother made for me when I was a little girl. She cut out the letters by hand! I had my friend, Kimbo, frame it for me years ago and I proudly hang it in a prominent spot every year! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

I'm closing with a painting that I did a few years ago. The sentiment is so true! Try to remember it all year, not just at Christmas...


6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the vintage toys think that will be my theme next year I have old tops and the same doggy everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images, love them:) Your "better late than never" we say "geç olsun güç olmasın" in Turkısh, good words:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas decor! Thanks for stopping by and pinning my shabby chic chest:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stocking frame is easy, no brainer, but looks so great! would love love love for you to share this at my Best of 2011 party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com. Happy new year! My

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year. I hope yours is full of joy, peace, love and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design is very pretty and Santa is really very good and awesome.
    Discount Card Printing
    Transparent Business Cards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...