Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Red Rooster

I have wonderful friends!
They like to give me stuff.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I saw this and thought you could do something with it." Or, "this is ugly but you can make it cute." Just today, for example, I picked up a friend to go shopping and she came walking out of her house carrying a small table. She said, "I got this for you to do something to." I love it. Free is always good. 

A couple of weeks ago, a friend gave me a table that someone had given to her. It was an unusual little side table that had seen better days. I'm sure that once upon a time it had a rotary dial phone sitting on top of it and a phone book underneath.

The finish was so worn down, I didn't even bother sanding it before I gave it a couple of coats of barn red paint.
I added a rooster to the top using black acrylic paint. I sanded the edges a little to give it a distressed look. Then I finished it off with a coat of clear wax.





Take another look at "the before" and "the after"...


18 comments:

  1. So cute! i love that shade of red and the rooster is a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great transformation and color! Saw this on the primp link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great outcome, love the transformation (espesially the rooster :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the rooster....such a special touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally getting a chance to visit and what great timing! I Love your red rooster table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see these tables at yard sales, thrift stores all the time. Love what you did with yours!

    I'd love for you to add your post to my new Thrifty Thursdays link party. Here's the link:
    http://quiltedcupcake.blogspot.com/2011/11/thrifty-thursdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shade of red :) Nice restyle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that color of red! And I can totally see a rotary phone on it with the phone book underneath, too. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great refinish! I love the rooster! It looks beautiful in red!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute and what wonderful friends to give you the table. I would love it if you would link it up to my weekly linky party Upcycled Awesome: http://tinyurl.com/upcycledawesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ask these friends that keep giving you stuff if they would like to be my friend too. I love red furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks SO much better! And adding the little rooster is the perfect addition to it! Love that bright red, it is very striking! I am so happy to have you share this @ Show & Share, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky you...wish I had your friends...this is a lovely little table and your re-do is terrific. Well done! I have joined your followers list as well as Pinterest, and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color! And the image transfer worked out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful to have friends like yours! I guess they know you will do a wonderful job bringing new life to the furniture. I really love what you did with this table. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. genius ! well it looks just great to me !!!
    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...