Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cupcake Ornaments

I've seen quite a few cupcake ornaments on Pinterest recently.
Here's my version...

They are so easy and inexpensive to make.

I used light pink ornaments that cost $5.99 for a box of 8 ornaments and I had a 40% off coupon. This made the box of ornaments $3.60 or 45 cents each
I bought baking cups at Michael's for $1.99 a pack. I can't remember how many were in a pack, but it comes out to just a few cents per ornament.
For the frosting, I used Snow Tex. It cost $3.99 a jar. I was able to make 5 ornaments per jar which comes out to approximately 80 cents per ornament.
The sprinkles are made using seed beads that I've had forever so I don't know how much they cost (so we'll consider them free).
For the cherry, I bought a spray of berries for $1.29. There were 25 berries per spray so the cost was about 5 cents per ornament.
I glued the ornament into the baking cup using E6000.
When I added the Snow Tex, I made sure that I covered the hanger on the ornament allowing just a little of the loop to stick out to be able to hold a hook.
Then I just drizzled on the beads. They stuck perfectly to the Snow Tex without having to push them into the "frosting."
For the cherry, I pulled a berry off of the spray and stuck it into the Snow Tex.
 I allowed the Snow Tex to harden overnight.

These ornaments turned out so cute and cost under $2 each!

33 comments:

  1. Well I haven't seen any cupcake ornaments on Pinterest yet, but this one is going on mine. It's so cute! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly cute. Consider, if you will, sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2011/11/although-i-must-say-that-link-response.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! I have seen them on Pinterest and etsy lately and didn't know how they were made. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute!

    I'd love for you to link up and share:
    http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2011/11/pinteresting-linky-party-week-fifteen.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! How cute! I loved reading how you made these. I'm not very crafty, so it was interesting to see what you used. They look so real. I love this idea for a "sweets" tree. They would be cute on a white Christams tree in the kitchen. Thanks for sharing and thanks for popping in to visit me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so, so cute! I've never used snow tex before, does it just come out in a blog like that? That's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have seen some cupcake ornaments on Pinterest lately... but I do believe your version is my new favourite! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cupcake ornaments are so sweet. You are so talented. We're getting our tree tomorrow - time for decorating.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too cute! what a great project!
    Lina
    Fancy Frugal Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever! These are really cute. Happy Holidays ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative idea! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving these little cupcake ornaments. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    I featured this at Mushki Loves!

    Have a great day!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute! I sewed some cupcake ornaments last year so it's nice to see another way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a cute and creative idea. Your ornaments look so pretty and love how cheap they are to make too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I featured your cupcake ornaments at the Blog Hop - Christmas Gifts and Ornmanents...at Project Queen.

    Thanks so much for linking and sharing.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. adorable! If I even did a theme tree, I'd like to make an entire treefull of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy cow, those are adorable! How creative! I will definitely have to make note of this and try these. SO super cute and I have a friend that is crazy for cupcakes so she'd love these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are entirely too cute!!!

    Stopping by from Tues Talent Show

    ReplyDelete
  20. these are so adorably cute! thanks a lot for linking up at the party. hope to see you again this week! ^^)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a sucker for all things cupcake, and these are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm planning Halloween cupcakes now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So very cute! I think these would be fun to do with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, this was posted 2 years ago, cupcakes are still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  25. VERY PRETTY. HAV U EVER HEARD OF FAUX FROSTING?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Found this after seeing them at a craft fair and they look identical! Were you by any chance at the CTK fair?

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute! Nice instructions and could sell these at a craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are so cute!! I have seen these before and wondered what was used for the icing.. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...