Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oops!

Whenever you are in a home improvement store such as Lowe's or Home Depot, don't forget to check out their clearance items! I love to go to the paint department and see what they have in their "Oops" section. I don't know if that is what it is officially called, but I lovingly refer to it as that. It is a small section where customers have returned paint that they took home and decided they didn't like. You can often get gallon cans of paint for $10 or less. There may not be a color you'd want to paint a room with, but you can use it for furniture and other paint projects. Yesterday I found some sample size jars of Valspar paint. One was on sale for 50cents and the other for $1.25!



And, they were FULL!
And, they were great colors!

I also found sheets of 3" x 3" tiles on clearance for $1.57 a sheet. There are 16 tiles per sheet.
I am going to break them apart, cover them with something beautiful, and make them into magnets. In the picture below you can see that I have already covered one...I still need to seal it with something shiny...

There's that peacock napkin again!!!!
I'm sure some of you will be happy when I run out of those!
I just adhered the napkin to the tile with ModPodge. Next, I'll seal it and maybe add some bling!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...