Wednesday, August 8, 2012

CORAL!!!

I love the color coral! 
Actually, anything in or near the orange family makes me happy. Even my bridesmaids dresses were a peachy coral color. Don't laugh... it was the 80's!
So, needless to say, I have been thrilled this summer when every magazine I open up has coral as one of the most popular colors in home decorating.
I've wanted to paint a piece of furniture with coral but couldn't find the perfect piece until I spotted this coffee table at Goodwill...
It has a drawer, but I had already taken it out when I snapped the picture.
I paid $7.87 for the table!

I bought a sample size of Valspar paint at Lowe's in a shade of coral. The sample sizes cost $2.45. I added about 2 tablespoons of calcium carbonate and a few drops of water to the paint to make some chalk paint.
I gave the table a couple of coats of the homemade chalk paint and then hand painted a leaf design on top using acrylic paint in cream and brown.

Then I gave it a coat of dark wax...


Would you be bold enough to put a coral coffee table in your house? Wouldn't it be pretty in a sun room?




 Another look at the "before" & the "after"...

Pin It

Linking To:
Savvy Southern StyleSomeday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Yesterday On Tuesday, Fabric Bows & More, Ginger Snap Crafts, Beyond The Picket Fence, Primitive & Proper, Creations By KaraPrimp, Rae Gun Ramblings, Adventures In Dinner, Ivy & Elephants, The Artsy Girl ConnectionSeven Thirty Three, Southern Lovely, Delightful Order, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Happy Hour Projects, Joyful Stamper, Chic On a Shoestring, Miss Mustard Seed, Blissful Bucket List, Ladybird Lane, Simply Sweet Home, One Artsy Mama, The Shabby Nest, Craft Junkie Too, A Little Knick Knack, The Vintage Farmhouse, House of Hepworths, Momnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, Simply Designing, Truly Lovely, Create Craft Love, The Cottage Market, Country Momma Cooks, Funky Junk Interiors, Six Sisters' Stuff, Bowdabra, Addicted 2 Decorating, Tatertots & Jello, Young & Crafty, Sassy Sites, Blissful & Domestic, Nap Time Crafters, Love Notes By Lauryn, Cherished Treasures, A Vision To Remember, Craft Envy, Petite Hermine, To Sew With Love, Boogieboard Cottage, Lovely Crafty Home, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Etcetorize, DIY Home Sweet Home, Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House, Pinkapotamus, Lines Across, Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts, Chef In Training, The Farmhouse Porch, Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Natural Mothers Network, A Bowl Full Of Lemons, Me & My Boys, Mad In Crafts, Alderberry Hill, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeLil' Luna, Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie, The Trendy Treehouse, Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101, Craftionary,
5 Days 5 Ways Lamb Around Domestically Speaking, Tales Of A Trophy Wife, The Kurtz Corner, Fine Craft Guild Katies Nesting Spot, Hubby Made Me, The Thriftiness Miss, Homespun HappeningsCurb Alert,   


58 comments:

  1. Pretty color-and I love the detail on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab project - I have an old chest of drawers that I would like to do something with and this has given me some ideas - does the additions to the paint take away from the durability of the finish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would definitely be bold enough to put that in my living room! I think it's just fantastic! I am amazed the sample size paint was all you needed. I have to make something with chalk paint and wax.....I feel like a loser having never used it yet! I am not even sure what role it plays, but if the out come is like this...I want to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange color family doesn't make me smile but your table does! I love the look of the handpainted leaf design though, it really add that extra 'something' to the table that takes it from function to artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! i can see it in a beach house with tan sofas and aqua accents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coffee table is gorgeous! The vines and leaves really set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gray tone with it!
    Great piece,
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete
  8. THE TABLE TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE THE COLOR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would LOVE to put that coral on my coffee table! It would great with the furniture and rug and it would be a surprise to my eyes everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It's such a beautiful makeover and I LOVE coral too! I did a post on coral inspiration and now I'm determined to use it in my bedroom {originally I was going to use it in the living room but I change my mind all the time}, if I can get my rear in gear :) Great job! I would love if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday link party. :) I hope to see you there! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-5/

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a beautiful color and could go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice transformation!! I love the color coral. I have a bedroom that is a similar color and I call it Charleston Peach. :-) I'm glad to be seeing it in decorating too. It's such a fresh, cheery color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE coral too! What a great project! I would love to have this table in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this makeover - what a gorgeous color!
    Definitely your newest follower - would love
    to have you drop by for a visit and follow back:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're a woman with a statement and not afraid to make it! This is bold and beautiful - love it! Came over from Rustic.

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so pretty! You did a great job with the leaf design too! Love the coral with the dark wax! Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what an awesome job!!! You are really rocking the refurb projects my friend!!!! : ) sending hugs from me and JUNKIN JOE...so happy you came back to party with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so talented! Beautiful job as always! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the way it turned out-the coral is a great choice. Would love to invite you to link up and share over at Curb Alert's! Friday Block Party. Hope to see you there! http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/08/friday-block-party-13-come-join-us.html
    Tami @ Curb Alert!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like what you've done - but I would probably go for an even deeper shade of coral ~

    Popping in from Shabby's link party.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this table and your recipe for chalk paint is a lovely bonus. Thank you so very much for following my blog . . .
    I truly appreciate the encouragement and support.
    Have a wonderful weekend, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Found this link on Blissful Bucket List....I love this piece! And the 2 tones of the acrylic paint almost make it look like that design was carved into the wood. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is beautiful! I also love coral; it's just orange enough to not be pink...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job! I love the coral color. Found you on Creations By Kara's Link Party :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for linking to LambAround! The color is so unique and fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That came out so good. I love the look that the dark wax gives.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohhhhhh, my!!!! This color is adorable! Not to mention the free-hand painting leaf designs....
    You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning! Visiting from the Bowdabra Blog link party.

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is beautiful! im sure it will be a wonderful addition to your home :) thank you for sharing!

    noelle @ noelleandtorrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!! So beautiful! I love the leaf design. A bold signature piece for a room.
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's such a pretty color! And the leaf design makes it so perfect! New follower, would love the follow back!

    <3Hima
    My Musings

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now that's a piece that would cost you a pretty penney in a furniture store. One of a kind hand painted and all. Yes, I would definately be brave enough. I love a pop of color! Thanks for sharing your talent with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great looking table...love that color. I just had that same table a few months ago, and did a makeover on it too. Thanks for sharing at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great re-do! It looks amazing and I'd love to have this in my home. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  35. It looks so good! Love the color! My Get Social Sunday link party is live. Would love to have you come link up your homepage and promote your blog!

    http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the outcome and the detail on top...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very pretty! I think my fav colour is peach, which is not all that far off from coral. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I LOVE the color! It is just beautiful! AND you hand painted the top? You go girl! Great job. You've got some awesome talent!

    Thanks so much for linking this up to our Weekend Wonders party! We hope to see you back again on Thursday :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love it so much I had to pin it to my Awesome Furniture board~~ :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  40. Found you from take a look tuesday! New fan and follower. I love that table, it's so pretty!!

    Girlfriends Are Like Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this, and yes I'd put THIS table in my living room! Your transformation is awesome. (Found you via Carolyn's Homework link party!) Pinning this one for inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  42. You coral table is beautiful! New follower for you today! Hope you will stop over at my place~I'm running a great jewelry giveaway this week!
    Angie
    www.swededreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a difference! Great color too! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW...love it! Would love it if you http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2012/08/share-it-one-more-time-5-and-features.htmlwould share it at Share It One More Time.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello there. Just stopping by to let you know that I featured your coral coffee table today :) Come by and grab a feature button if you'd like. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love coral too! I would definitely put it in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the coral too! I spent an hour today looking at paint colors and never thought of coral...Thanks for linking up!
    Kim@madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  48. wow! that $7.87 table looks like a hundred bucks worth after your makeover!! awesome!!

    love that color too :)

    huggies ***
    smart momma

    ReplyDelete
  49. Pretty color and design! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  50. How cute is that! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the pretty coral color and beautiful design! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love your color and design...so beautiful! I'd love for you to share at my party...it just opened!

    ReplyDelete
  53. HI there!!! I LOVE this!!! Great idea and loving your blog too. I always like to make new friends so I am your newest follower:) Happy Holidays! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  54. اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
    شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة
    شركة نقل عفش بينبع
    شركة نقل عفش ببريدة
    شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...