Friday, July 23, 2021

Make A Wish Mixed Media

 I love mixed media art projects. This one is fun and easy enough for any age. And, while you're at it, you're recycling paper from your shredder!

I started by adding 3 colors of Dixie Belle Paint to a 12" x 12" canvas. I used the colors Mermaid Tail, Sea Glass, & Haint Blue.

I used an old hotel key card to spread the paint around on the canvas. Don't overwork it or you'll just mix the colors together & get one color.
While the canvas was still wet, I added the color, Cobalt, to deepen the color of the edges of the canvas.
Again, I used a key card to spread the color onto the canvas.
I pressed bubble wrap onto the Cobalt paint while it was still wet. This will transfer paint onto the bubble to then press on other areas of the canvas to create texture.
I pressed the bubble wrap over the canvas until I had the amount of texture I wanted, being careful not to cover the entire canvas. This part is fun, so it's easy to get carried away!

I cut different lengths of twine & painted them with the color, Evergreen. I placed them on the canvas to create stems. I let the wet paint act as the glue to hold them in place.
I filled a sandwich bag with paper from my shredder then added a little ModPodge & water to the bag. I sealed the bag then massaged the bag until the paper was coated with the ModPodge mixture. Then I formed the paper into round shapes to represent dandelions.
I placed the round shapes onto the top of each twine stem. The ModPodge on the paper is enough to glue the "flower" onto the canvas.
I printed out "Make a wish" using my laser printer. I cut it out then added Dixie Belle's Van Dyke Glaze to the edges. I applied the glaze with a damp rag putting it heavy along the edges, then lightly adding more to the rest of the paper. Please note: If you use an ink jet printer, your ink will bleed when it gets wet. 

I glued the paper onto the canvas using the ModPodge.


Make A Wish!!!
I'm wishing you all a beautiful & creative day!


Linking To:

1 comment:

  1. Just lovely!
    Don't forget to share over at the Creative Crafts Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
    https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party-51/
    Followed and Pinned! 🙂
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...