Sunday, June 28, 2020

Hello Summer Door Hanger

I'm back with another fun project to celebrate Summer... my favorite season!
I've shared quite a few of the wooden cutouts from Signopoly that make great door hangers or home decor. And, these sunglasses are super cute!
 I painted the frame with the color, Tree Frog Green. This is just a base because I did something fun with this color later on.
 If you've been here before, then you know that I love Dixie Belle Paint & use it for everything. It's intended for painting furniture, but the colors are so gorgeous that it's great for projects like this.
I painted an ocean sunset on the glasses...




 Then I added some palm trees...
 I made a vinyl stencil using my Cricut Maker to say, "hello summer." 
I added a yellow highlight to the letters.

 I added Dixie Belle's Crackle medium over the Tree Frog Green and let it sit overnight before adding a top color.
After letting the Crackle medium dry overnight, I painted over it with the color, Daisy.
 I used a Prima mould & modeling material to create a little flower embellishment for the corners of the glasses.
Hello Summer!!! Let the fun begin!



Linking To:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...