Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Outdoor Oasis


I've always wished for a place where I could string lights and lanterns from trees. I'm sure you, too, have seen pictures of huge trees with low lying branches filled with lights creating a dreamy outdoor "room" perfect for enjoying a beautiful evening.
Well, in all of our 7 plus acres we don't have any such trees to accommodate my desire for such a space. So, we took a trip to our home improvement store to improvise. 
We already had metal fence posts and my husband pounded them into the ground along the corner of the concrete around our pool. We used 5 in all. Then he attached 2 x 2's that we picked up at the home improvement store to the posts.


I wanted the posts to blend in with the backdrop of the trees, so I painted the wood & the metal with the color, Collard Greens, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company


We strung outdoor lights that I bought at Michael's around the perimeter of the posts and then alternated posts to form a canopy in the shape of a triangle.


It may not have big beautiful trees, but my oasis is perfect!



 And the view of my backyard is pretty dreamy during the day too!

Best of all, it was really inexpensive and only took a couple of hours to complete. The only problem is that every time I walk out to my new favorite spot, I start singing the song Midnight At The Oasis! And, yes, I know that is showing my age!


Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday CraftsGinger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings The Shabby Creek Cottage,  Made In A DayChic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished BlissMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework,  I Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill RanchFlutter BusterNap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamOur Home Away From Home,  RemodelaholicFlamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver PenniesA Stroll Thru Life, French Country CottageThe Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou GirlsDIY-Crush, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello


5 comments:

  1. Ooohhhhh I love what you did here! Im going to have to look for a place in my back yard for something like this!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great idea and creative solution to your lack of trees in the space! Love the name of the paint, too. Your oasis would have me singing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lighted gardens are wonderful, and yes; your garden is dreamy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركة المثالية للتنظيف افضل شركة تنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقية تقم لكم افضل خدمات النظافة الشاملة لجميع اركان المنزل مع التعيم والتلميع وابادة الحشرات وتضمن لكم العيش في منزل امن نظيف خالي من الحشرات بجودة ومواصفات قاسية بجميع مدن ومحافظات المنطقة الشرقية بالمملكة العربية السعودية فمع المثالية للتنظيف انتم دائما في امان وتستطيعون الوثوق بشركة المثالية كونها افضل شركة للتنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقية (خدماتنا )

    شركة المثالية للتنظيف
    المثالية للتنظيف
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...