Thursday, May 14, 2015

Yankee Blue

I love color! And, one of my new favorites is Yankee Blue from the Dixie Belle Paint Company

I knew it would be a great color for a hutch that I recently purchased. The hutch was kind of nasty. Well, not kind of, it was nasty! It was dirty. It was covered in stickers. Worst of all, it stunk! But sometimes, a piece is such a great deal that you can't pass it up. I only paid $30 for it!


See...even Bo thinks it smells...

I cleaned it up a bit and let the paint cover the rest of the imperfections.

Now it's good as new in Yankee Blue...


Pin It

And, while we're at it...
another great color from Dixie Belle is Honky Tonk Red.
I got in a hurry with this little table so I forgot to take a before picture. I hate when that happens!

The table had a simple wooden knob that I changed to one that looks like a garden faucet knob. 

Then I added a black glaze...


I finished it off with a clear top coat...


What's your favorite "go to" paint color?


Linking To:
  Someday Crafts, Sew Much A Do, Ginger Snap CraftsCreations By KaraRae Gun Ramblings, Ivy & Elephants,   Seven Thirty Three The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven AliveBear Rabbit Bear Crafts, Made In A Day, Katherine's Corner, Redoux, Chic On a ShoestringSimply Sweet Home, The Shabby NestMomnivore's Dilema, Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs OlsonTruly LovelyThe Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember, Boogieboard Cottage,  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac,  Under The Table and Dreaming, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, A Bowl Full Of LemonsMad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A HousewifeToday's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie Homework, Kammy's KornerI Gotta CreateThrifty 101 Domestically Speaking,  C.R.A.F.T., The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My LouThe Thrifty HomeAdorned From AboveCedar Hill Ranch, Classy Clutter, Flutter BusterTwelve O Eight, Nap Time Creations, The Shady Porch, JoJo And Eloise, Hope In Every Season, The Foley FamHouse Of HoffOur Home Away From Home, Living Well Spending Less, Remodelaholic, A Lived In Home, Flamingo ToesVMG206 Finding Silver Pennies, Mad Cap Frenzy Gingerly MadePink WhenMinnette's MazeMade To Be A Momma Start At HomeLil Mrs ToriHomecomingThe Vintage FarmhousePink Recipe BoxSweet HauteTable For SevenBe BetsyIt Happens In A BlinkOne Dog Woof, 4 You With Love, A Stroll Thru LifeA Bright And Beautiful LifeCrafty Goodies Live Love CreateThe Koenigs CreateBloom Designs,French Country Cottage, Daisy Cottage Designs, Orchard Girls, Elizabeth Joan Designs, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Karen's Up On The Hill,


Photobucket/

10 comments:

  1. Virginia I love the names of the Dixie Belle paint colors. I've never heard of this brand before, do you order it online?
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue is a.ma.zing! Love it!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color is gray, but that blue is glorious. Great transformations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Clicked right over as soon as I noticed your beautiful blue hutch at SYC. Color fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pieces are beautiful. My favorite color is red but I don't have any red pieces of furniture into house. I think I need to remedy that. I do also love teal and sea blue colors and have a lot of that with black and white accents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really brought this hutch to life! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pieces are great. Love the color! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue is gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at The Round-Up from the Before & After Wednesday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/05/the-round-up-from-before-after-wednesday_27.html Hope to see you this afternoon for Before & After Wednesday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blue hutch and I love, love, love the red table! Red is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...