Monday, May 1, 2017

DIY Tablet Stand


Many of us have replaced our cookbooks with our tablet. After all, most of our recipes seem to be pinned in cyberspace! Get your tablet off the counter where it faces the possibility of meeting its demise with spills, by creating a beautiful stand. 

Supplies:
Clipboard
8 X 10 Tabletop Frame Back
Vintage Jewelry & Buttons
Drawer Pulls
Paint
Paintbrush
E6000 Glue

I painted the clipboard with 2 coats of the color Vintage Duck Egg from The Dixie Belle Paint Company.



To make the clipboard stand up, I glued the back of a tabletop frame to the back of the clipboard using E6000. 


I placed a book under the clip to make it lay flat. This will ensure that the jewelry and buttons don’t slide off while the glue dries. 


I used E6000 to attach the jewelry and buttons to the clip. . It’s best to work in stages, gluing a few pieces on at a time, and allowing them to dry before adding more. 

  I also added one of the drawer pulls to the clip since it had a vintage jewelry feel.




I removed the screws from the back of the drawer pulls & glued them along the bottom of the clipboard. I used my tablet as a guide to see how low they should be placed.





My tablet fits perfectly on the stand and is great for when I need a recipe!

When not holding my tablet, the stand can hold a grocery list or photo.


This will make a great gift for Mother's Day!






HOLD EVERYTHING!
It's time to get busy making this fun, versatile, project!


Pin It

Linking To:
Coastal Charm,  Someday Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Creations By Kara,  Rae Gun Ramblings,  Seven Thirty Three,  The Shabby Creek Cottage, Seven Alive, Made In A Day, Chic On a Shoestring,  Simply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest,  Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors,  Tatertots & Jello,   Blissful & Domestic, A Vision To Remember  DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, Homemaker On A Dime, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House,   Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A Housewife,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie,  Homework,  I Gotta Create,  Thrifty 101,  Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, The Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill Ranch, Flutter Buster, Nap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley Fam, Our Home Away From Home,  Remodelaholic, Flamingo Toes,  VMG206,  Finding Silver Pennies, A Stroll Thru Life, Bloom Designs,French Country Cottage, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, DIY-Crush, Charm Bracelet Diva, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...