Pages

▼

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Keep The Change

I love when I have the exact change to pay for things when I'm shopping. My husband, on the other hand, never spends his change. He always has a pocket full of coins. We put his coins in a jar & it can add up quickly to quite a large sum.
Here, I've created something prettier than the plastic jar we've been using.
Supplies:
Shadow Box
Scrapbook Paper
Scissors or Paper Cutter
Tacky Glue
Print Out Of “Keep the change”
Paint Pen
Tape
Utility Knife
 I took off the back of the shadow box and used a utility knife to cut out a notch at the top where I can insert the coins.

 I picked out 3 patterns of scrapbook paper and cut them to different sizes which will wrap around the back of the shadow box. Once I wrapped the paper around the backing, I secured it on the back with tape.



 I cut the paper around the notch to leave the opening.
 I printed out , Keep the change!, and taped to the inside of the glass. Then I traced over it with a paint pen.


 I put the back on and started filling the shadowbox with change.

 Once full, the shadowbox will hold approximately $200!
Unless, you have someone in your house who likes to steal the quarters!


Linking To:
Ginger Snap Crafts,  Rae Gun Ramblings, Chic On a Shoestring,  Simply Sweet Home, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House,  Sugar Bee Crafts, Flour Me With Love,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie,   I Gotta Create,   Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, The Thrifty Home, Flutter Buster, Nap Time Creations, The Foley Fam,  Finding Silver Pennies, A Stroll Thru Life, French Country Cottage,  Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Our Hopeful Home, My Thrift Store Addiction, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style,  Yesterday On Tuesday, Confessions Of A Plate Addict, My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia, Dabbling And Decorating


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I love it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete