Pages

▼

Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Church That The Storm Created

Every now and then a tropical storm will roll through Georgia. Though not as powerful as a hurricane, they can still leave behind a lot of damage. We were without power for 4 days after the last tropical storm passed through. There were a lot of trees and branches down that left behind a big mess. I was given 2 sections of a privacy fence after it was knocked down during the storm so I created a piece of art.

I sketched  the outline of a church with chalk...

I painted the church using the color Fluff from Dixie Belle. I wanted the painting to be rustic so I dry brushed it rather than painting it solid.

 I dry brushed the color, Vintage Duck Egg, for the sky...
 I painted a little window in the top of the church...

To create a door, I used  a rectangular piece of balsa wood. I cut the top off of an oval piece of balsa wood to fit on the top of the rectangular piece.

I used a miter box to cut pieces of balsa wood to create the roof.


 I stained all the wood with VooDoo Gel Stain. It is water based so the clean up is easy!


 Finally, I glued all the wood piece on using E6000.


From an ugly storm, rose the church!

Linking To:
Coastal Charm, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Creations By Kara,  Rae Gun Ramblings, Made In A Day, Chic On a Shoestring,  Simply Sweet Home, The Shabby Nest,  Somewhat Simple,   Live Laugh Rowe, Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson, The Cottage Market,  Funky Junk Interiors, DIY Showoff, Craft-O-Maniac, Keeping It Simple, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, The Dedicated House,   Coastal Charm, Reasons To Skip The Housework, Sugar Bee Crafts,  Nifty Thrifty Things, Cherished Bliss, Mad In Crafts, Flour Me With Love, Not Just A Housewife,  Today's Creative Blog, Tip Junkie,  Homework,  I Gotta Create,   Domestically Speaking,  The Answer Is Chocolate, Skip To My Lou, The Thrifty Home,Cedar Hill Ranch, Flutter Buster, Nap Time Creations, Hope In Every Season, The Foley Fam, Our Home Away From Home,  Remodelaholic, Flamingo Toes,  VMG206,  Finding Silver Pennies, A Stroll Thru Life, French Country Cottage, The Scoop, Stone Gable, Knick Of Time, Lou Lou Girls, Our Hopeful Home, The Painted Hinge, Savvy Southern Style, Tattertots & Jello, Yesterday On Tuesday, Rachel Teodoro, Worthing Court, Confessions Of A Plate Addict


11 comments:

  1. I love this and all its rustic charm! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. That is a wonderful painting! Love it. Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for sharing, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that sweet church will weather any story that comes it's way! :) Very unique project Virginia. Thank for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clinical Trial for Healthy Women 18-40
    The Clinical Research Center at EVMS is conducting a clinical trial looking at two intrauterine devices, one approved and one experimental, for contraception.

    Pre-menopausal women ages 18-40 who are generally healthy, sexually active, at risk for pregnancy, and are not at risk for sexually transmitted infections may qualify.

    For more details please visit:
    https://studyscavengerapp.com/clinical-research-center-evms-paid-clinical-trial-two-copper-intrauterine-iud-devices-healthy-female-women-volunteers-norfolk-eastern-va/

    #Richmond #VA #Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful art project! I'm partial to churches, and this one's fabulous. You are so creative:) Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. prime day deals 2018 stainless steel solar pathway lights outdoor waterproof bright led

    Sogrand Solar Lights Outdoor Pathway Decorations Garden Path Decorative Stake Light Dual Color LED Landscape Home Decor Waterproof Bright Yard Stakes For Outside

    Walkway Driveway Patio 4Pack

    ReplyDelete